Saturday, March 12, 2005

# 6 HUB'S QUESTION

Hub has a question.

Two weeks ago he got a promotional package in the mail that included a free razor. He got ten shaves out of that free razor. That was pretty impressive. So a few days ago he went to town and bought three more razors – all exactly the same as the free one.

One shave is all he could manage to get out of each of the razors he purchased. It doesn't make sense, does it?

So I thought perhaps some of you have had similar experiences with promotional products and follow-up purchases? Maybe an explanation?

2 Comments:

Blogger teleea said...

Ever see those commercials for no shave hair removers?

As a bit of background, I swear I'm related to Big Foot. Anyway, I've always wanted to move to Europe on account of their more relaxed attitudes about weight, hair, and hygene. Er...well...second thought, maybe it's not too bad here after all.

Anyway, after weeks of watching a commercial for a foam based chemical - complete with scraper that 'looks' like a razor (did they pull these out of some Matel toy package?) I went ahead and coughed up the $10. As the clock ticked by, each appointed check showed the rebar on my legs pretty much intact. By the time I rinsed it off at the maximum allowable time limit, the only thing I'd succeded in was giving myself second degree burns all over my legs and hands.

I found out one bit of useful information though...if I ever feel the urge to rob a bank and want a sure fire method of preventing my finger prints from being left behind.....lets see those CSI guys trace that!

8:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This plot is definitely something that should be included in the "Ten Grandest Heists" or perhaps included as a mini-plot on the show called "Myth Busters".

11:10 AM  

<< Home