Tuesday, May 03, 2005

# 26 I PROMISE TO MAKE YOU HAPPY

Today I promise to make you happy and promise to make you feel really good about yourself.

There’s not much to this therapy. Nothing much more than a bit of journaling about my day and then a little pat on your back because you’re not like me. Why? Because I am despicable today. I am a total sloth. A waste of skin. I didn’t shower or get dressed when I got up. I didn’t even brush my teeth. I’m still in my housecoat. I drank way too much coffee. I spent hours watching TV, and more hours playing mindless computer games, and the rest of the day browsing through needlecraft books. I didn’t vacuum, didn’t make my bed.

I didn’t comb my hair, but that doesn’t count. It’s one of those days that if I had combed it, Hub would have told me to go to the bathroom and put it back the way it was.

I ate four chocolate bars back to back and finished off the bowl of whipped cream in the fridge. I skipped breakfast. I didn’t go outside and I didn’t exercise and I didn’t drink any water and I didn’t do anything healthy, beneficial, or worthwhile.

But you, you’re so much better than that. All of you who got up, showered, brushed your teeth, got dressed, ate a healthy breakfast, walked the dog (or went off to work), cleaned up the kitchen, vacuumed, etc. Quite a contrast, isn’t there?

So now, after reading this, don’t you feel really good about yourself?

9 Comments:

Blogger Roberta S said...

I can't believe that no one would acknowledge my efforts today. Can you for just a moment imagine how difficult it was for me to do all this 'slacking' just to benefit my loyal readers? I'm utterly crushed.

2:26 AM  
Blogger Roberta S said...

I did too! (you know - the dishes)

10:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Never mind how you feel Roberta. Sometimes we all could use a day for ourselves.

First visit to the new site. Dr. D.

8:12 PM  
Blogger Roberta S said...

Hi, Dr. D. Pleased to have you come for a visit. I hope next time you won't stay away so long.

And molly, I guess I should add that I'm sorely disappointed that I didn't make you as pleased with you're wonderfully disciplined existance as I promised. Nevertheless, thank you for letting me believe in the midst of such dispicable irresponsibility, I'm still okay. They say the best friends in the whole world are the ones that keep you looking good...so thanks friend! :)

2:08 AM  
Blogger gulnaz said...

i feel like i hv found somebody like me. :)
only braver to admit to not doing all those things. :)

10:43 AM  
Blogger gulnaz said...

i feel like i hv found somebody like me. :)
only braver to admit to not doing all those things. :)

10:43 AM  
Blogger Eliz said...

Oh my, Roberta, you could at least have shared the chocolate! I would have shared my girl scout cookies.

PJ days are wonderful. *sigh*

4:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Roberta,
You're right. Great, great therapy. I did get dressed, brushed my teeth, walked my dog.
I didn't do even half those things, but I am feeling ever so smug. I don't know if that's a good thing or not.

7:45 PM  
Blogger Roberta S said...

Hi eliz. Sorry about that *whilst quickly wiping chocolate smears from around mouth*...if I'd have known you were coming I would have saved you a bite.

Welcome gulnaz. I am pleased you dropped by and I really enjoyed that little poem and post at your place. We seem to have shared a similar kind of day. I'm not brave. Ever since I posted this I wondered how many readers would drop me cold knowing I am sometimes such a slob.

esther, always nice to have you drop in. I'm glad the therapy worked for you. I like smug days, they're better than a lot of days.

9:44 PM  

<< Home