Tuesday, July 19, 2005

# 42 BITS AND BITES

I heard today that physical exercise is an absolute sure cure for insomnia. Whoa, if that is true, I don’t want to be doing that and neither does Hub. We don’t have insomnia – in fact we have quite the reverse.
___________

I’ve passed the initial stages of life: the childhood stage, the competitive stage, and definitely the materialistic stage. I am now in the midst of the reflective stage. But despite all that, when I poked my fingers in the dirt of a friend’s garden, I turned green with envy. Though I no longer yearn for material possessions, I was surprised to find myself coveting what another had to such an extent.

And what does she have that I covet?

Dirt. Black, fluffy, mulch-ridden, warm, moist, and sand-anointed (without a clay base) garden dirt. That’s what.

3 Comments:

Blogger tricia said...

Hmmm... good advice for insomnia. Thanks for adding me to you list of blogs. I've been reading your posts and really enjoy your writing.

1:37 PM  
Blogger wanda said...

Dirt? Real dirt, with no clumps of hard red clay in it? And you say it was already in the ground, not in a bag? What a miraculous thing.
We here in Podunt, USA don't see much real dirt. It's mostly that hard red, nasty clay. Unless of course we buy it in a bag.

12:58 AM  
Blogger Roberta S said...

Hi plumleigh. I'm assuming from your comment that neither you nor I will be doing BIG exercise since we sleep quite well without it.

Yes, wanda real dirt. Prime dirt. I wonder if we could sell someone with that kind of dirt a bag or two of clay. You know just in case their garden is too fluffy, too light, too fly-away, too fertile...(dreaming on).

11:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home