Sunday, January 08, 2006

# 95 WHEEL OF FORTUNE BLOG GAME

It happened quite by chance that not so long ago a group of us were gathered around the kitchen table discussing the reasons Bloggers blog. Below are some of the reasons we came up with but of course there are more.

1. A way to socialize without having to dress up and go out
2. Writing practice for those who dream of writing
3. To create another environment to escape to when the first is in utter chaos
4. To magnify the excitement of one’s life or give sophistication to a mundane existence
5. Blogging is better than housework or yard work
6. A search for sympathy and understanding
7. To contribute, in some small way, to a better political or social order.
8. For historical posterity (for our children and grandchildren)
9. (Climbing on the couch) Psychologist sessions with a perceived but invisible cyber-therapist

Now as it turned out, on this particular day, our Wilderness-Bush-Man friend was part of the discussion group though I expect he wished he wasn’t. He yawned with disinterest and waited silently for our discussion to veer toward something more meaningful. His boredom was understandable because I’m quite certain WBM has never read a blog and being a full-time out-of-doors man, computers are of no interest to him either. So after waiting for an hour or more for us to move on to another subject, he ran out of patience and fairly shouted out.

“I know why people blog,” he said.

“To p - - - - - - t - - - - - -.”

I was amazed at his wisdom. Obviously, that’s it. A clear concise and simple answer to why all of us blog.

So your little Wheel-of-Fortune puzzle for today is to guess what he said. I will give you the answer in the comments section before I write my next post (or should I just add a few more letter clues to sustain the game?) And seeing as how I only have three readers, it is good that this isn’t one of those games that require four players. By the way, if you don’t want to play the game, I still would like to know why “you” blog.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I honestly have no idea. :) But, I will be thinking on it.

I blog (when I get around to it) for reasons: 2, 3, and 7.

Some days, I believe I have something worthy to say, or perhaps I'm looking to start a conversation on a particular topic. Other days, I'm so burnt out I can't be bothered. Heeehee..

1:48 AM  
Blogger Roberta S said...

aurora, I think the reasons you gave are what make your posts well worth reading and yours always are. Thanks for the comment.

Now I've had a few readers check in but no guesses yet so I am going to give you a few more clues. I know the answer but maybe the puzzle is tougher than I thought.

So here are your CLUES

1. This puzzle has done exactly what the answer is.
2. These are the scrambled letters for the second word:
gttohhu

That should make the puzzle purty easy.

2:27 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

To (I know this one but I'm mind meshed with these folks so I'll leave it for another.)

Perhaps the apple does not fall far from the tree. Although I'm miles away sometimes I can read the minds of my family and friends.

Md

4:22 PM  
Blogger Pyjama Diva said...

Provoke thought?

Correct answer or not, that's what blogging and reading does for me. Especially when I come over here! ;)

4:42 PM  
Blogger Roberta S said...

MD got the answer first but she didn't give it away.

And, Eleanor, you are right as well. That was the answer. Sorry, no fabulous prizes for either of you -- just applause! (and my appreciation for joining in and making the game a special bit of fun).

9:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just showed up today, and spent awhile trying to guess. What a fun game! Good idea, to turn it into a puzzle. Even after I unscrambled the word "thought", I couldn't get the first one. Oh well. It's a very good answer.

My reasons are:
1) to practice my writing and get feedback on its quality
2) to share important ideas and concepts with others, i.e. make a beneficial impact on the world in a small way
3) to enjoy the company of the blogging community, which has turned out to be something I love!

6:44 PM  
Blogger Roberta S said...

wandering willow, sorry you were a late arrival and missed the initial fun, but glad you played the game a bit anyway.

I didn't give readers much time to play but I have a problem this year -- posts are formatting in my mind faster than days are clicking by on the calendar. So the things I write have a shortened shelf life.

8:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

interesting post.this is a great blog...love it.. thanks
Busby SEO Challenge

7:47 PM  
Blogger Roberta S said...

Thanks for visiting Busby. Glad you enjoyed your visit and I very much hope you will stop in again.

12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home