Tuesday, December 27, 2005

# 90 ANGELS SINGING - PART II

You know and I know that hearing ‘Angels Singing’ is uncommon. A mystery of sorts. It leaves a lot of unanswered questions. So for the sake of my story, and for the sake of no alteration of the facts, I asked ED if she would guest-spot my Blog and give a statement of what happened in her own words. After all, it was her own unique experience and I wasn’t there when it happened. So after giving her a couple days to calm her emotional state, she supplied me with this statement of what had taken place.

“We were at a Christmas Concert at the Colony. There were a few interruptions prior to ‘IT’ happening. Brief periods of darkness when the lights were turned down low and props changed between acts. When the lights were lowered, I could hear feet shuffling and whispers in German and English but could barely make out the face next to me in the darkness. It was between the third and fourth Act of the play when the lights were lowered that I first heard it.

It began as one solitary voice somewhere in front and to the right of me, then like switching to Stereo sound, it was joined by an equally beautiful voice coming from a few rows back. Within no more than ten notes a few more voices had joined in and the music suddenly seemed to come from everywhere in the room. The sound enveloped me and carried me with it to a place of uninhibited innocence. Even though some of the songs were familiar English Hymns, it was not the words that touched me so deeply, it was the voices. What I felt cannot be compared to anything I have ever experienced before. Even though each voice came from a different section of a Hutterite Schoolhouse, it was as if one single entity, one Great Being was responsible for the whole effect….

And when I think about it, He was.

Merry Christmas!

ED

P.S. More discussion of ‘Angels Singing’ on the next post. More discussion about why they sing the way they do.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HOw blessed you are to have heard them.

Years ago, I used to play in an adult concert band. The performers were incredibly talented, and we played some very complex music. I realized at one of the concerts that I could hear women's voices singing a descant above the performance, and wondered who could have been singing along with us. Another member of the band explained that when musicians have managed to play "in tune," you can hear enless degrees of harmonics sound above the chords being played.

I still think it might have been angels. I'm looking forward to what more you have to tell us.

Buffy

1:55 PM  
Blogger Roberta S said...

Buffy, your comment is almost a paraphase of some of the things I have yet to tell you. So I can't respond without giving too much away. But I thank you for that comment and I think when you read my next post you will be surprised at your own clever intuition.

7:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Starting this past February, when my mom's helath took a sudden nosedive, I have heard something singing portions of hymns to start and now original music. Appealing to archangel Michael to block harmful entities (my sisters idea) does not keep it away.

It seems to be coming from metal objects like gates and metal attached to telephone poles. It amplifies from fans and airconditioners and even the hum of the car.

I heard it last from February to June 2003, when my dad was dying, but then it was just snatches of music with words mumbled like underwater; which is interesting as it seemed to be coming from the metalic storm drains.

My question, if anyone can answer, is how can you tell if it's an angel, a choir of souls (presumably from heaven), or some other entity (such as fairies).

There seem to be messages imbeded in the songs, some of which are very right and some of which are very wron.

Carol

9:51 AM  
Blogger Roberta S said...

Carol, thanks for visiting. I'm not sure of the source of what you're hearing. Could be the 'good' is because of how much you miss someone you love, and the 'wrong', as you call it, is because of the loss, even anger you feel because they are gone or in deteriorating health.

I can't help you anymore than that because I don't believe souls roam the earth or play tricks on us, I don't believe in fairies, and I don't believe intercessors are needed for protection. I do, however, believe in God's love and care.

2:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am a woman 60 years and retired. I have had the good fortune of hearing Angels singing hymns to me, off and on, for several years, since the age of 27. Most recently, when my mother died in 2003, I was still working, in the field of law, and for more than three weeks, hymn after hymn was heard only by me. The most beautiful music I have ever heard. Many people I told this to felt I was indeed Blessed by God, others thought I was a bit daffy. Throughout the 3 weeks, I managed to continue my work in the trial law area without blunder, so daft I am not. I was not especially close to my mother; however, but her waning years and poor health, I gave her my time and helpful care, being her only child of 5 who was at her side in her final hour. I deem my Angelic Chorus, Zither music accompanyment as a Reward from God for my selfless acts and deeds, a feel of calm to my very soul.

9:27 PM  
Blogger Roberta S said...

Hi Anonymous. Thank you for stopping by. I appreciate you sharing this wondrous story with me. Thank you so much.

11:52 PM  
Blogger Jan said...

I lost my hearing as a child and when I converted to Christianity, I was suddenly able to hear the Angels sing. It is different melodies and different voices at all times. Sometimes I get instrumental concerts, others I receive solos - some of the voices sound similar to the Vienna Choir boys voices. I love listening to them and welcome their comforting presence.

2:03 PM  
Anonymous Singing Lessons said...

Sounds like the singing was amazing. I have had a chance to hear the Vienna Boys Choir in Vienna and it is quite like a chorla of women. Great post :-)

1:28 PM  
Anonymous jane said...

i had the most amazing experiance one night.it was ten years or so ago.i was woken by the most amazing singing that i have ever experianced.i sat up in bed and heard intoxicating wonderful music and an overwhelming feeling of love,i will never forget it.i can only think it must have been angels.

9:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home