Saturday, March 04, 2006

# 123 TO READ OR NOT TO READ

During his leisure time, Hub generally watches Westerns on the Lone Star Channel and seldom reads but this morning and yesterday morning he read everything in sight. Computer magazines, “Time”, the local paper, the city paper, flyers, a portion of the “Ci-Cz” encyclopedia, and who knows what else.

“Roberta,” he said, “have you noticed how much I’ve been reading lately.”

“Yeh,” I noticed, “that’s unusual for you, but you better stop or you’ll be back to using big words again.”

“Oh,” Hub said. “An insubstantial dictum, Roberta. Retrospectively I’ve made a promissory oath to myself that the obstinacy of this penchant will only impact exiguously on the sloganizing of the triangulation of my ontology.”

That’s when I chucked his reading materials in the garbage and chased him to the livingroom to watch the Lone Star channel. Not my favorite channel – but he can have his vices. I’m willing to learn to deal with it.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Perhaps I need to take Dear Husband's magazines away..... *G*

Buffy

8:02 PM  
Blogger Roberta S said...

Okay, Buffy. Somehow I take it his other vice (that you intend to learn to live with) is not watching Lone Star. :)

10:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home